To authenticate to Zenkit, and connect to your own data or to allow other users to connect to their data, you can use the OAuth standard.
Using OAuth Authentication
First, you will need to register an OAuth application with Zenkit. You can do so by going to Zenkit Developer Portal and Create New Application. Your Oauth application will be assigned a client id and a client secret.
After setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- AuthScheme: Set this to OAuth.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to manage the process to obtain the OAuthAccessToken.
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the client_id that is specified in you app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the client_secret that is specified in you app settings.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the Redirect URI that is specified in your app settings
Example connection string: