Lyftron Drift Provider
The Lyftron API Profile for Drift allows you to query data from Drift. The Drift profile is a single file (i.e. drift.apip) which is meant to be used with the Lyftron API Driver. The profile contains the table definitions and other Drift specific metadata that the Lyftron API Driver uses to connect to Drift.
To use the Drift Profile set the Profile property of Lyftron API Driver to the path of the Drift profile, as well as the other connection properties specified in the documentation below. Once the Lyftron API Driver has been configured, you can issue SQL queries to access data from any of the Drift Tables.
Connecting to Drift
To authenticate to Drift, you can use either a Personal Token or authenticate with OAuth. A Personal Token is recommended for connecting to your own data, while OAuth allows other users to connect to their own data.
Using Access Token
You will first need to register an OAuth application for your account. Once registered, Redirect to My Apps -> Settings -> App Credentials to receive a client ID and a client secret for your app. Set the "OAuthClientId" connection property to your client ID, "OAuthClientSecret" to your client secret, and "RedirectURL" to the callback URL that you set for your app. To have the driver automatically retrieve and refresh tokens for you, set "InitiateOAuth" to GETANDREFRESH. See below for instructions on registering your application.
Using OAuth Authentication
You must first register an application here: https://dev.drift.com.
After setting the following options in the ProfileSettings connection property, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Client Id that is specified in your app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to Client Secret that is specified in your app settings.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the Redirect URI you specified in your app settings.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to manage the process to obtain the OAuthAccessToken.
- Scope: Set this to your Drift Scope.To obtain your Client Id go to your Drift account profile page titled 'Your Apps' (My Apps -> Settings -> OAuth & Scopes).