To successfully connect to your ERP instance, you must specify the following connection properties:
- Url, set this to the url of the server hosting your ERP instance. For example, https://myserver.EpicorSaaS.com
- ERPInstance, set this to the name of your ERP instance.
- User, set this to the username of your account.
- Password, set this to the password of your account.
- Service, set this to the service you want to retrieve data from. For example, BaqSvc.
In addition, you may also set the optional connection properties:
- ApiKey, An optional key that may be required for connection to some services depending on your account configuration.
- ApiVersion, Defaults to v1. May be set to v2 to use the newer Epicor API.
- Company, Required if you set the ApiVersion to v2.
Customizing the SSL Configuration
By default, the provider attempts to negotiate SSL/TLS by checking the server's certificate against the system's trusted certificate store. To specify another certificate, see the SSLServerCert property for the available formats to do so.
Connecting Through a Firewall or Proxy
To connect through the Windows system proxy, you do not need to set any additional connection properties. To connect to other proxies, set ProxyAutoDetect to false.
In addition, to authenticate to an HTTP proxy, set ProxyAuthScheme, ProxyUser, and ProxyPassword, in addition to ProxyServer and ProxyPort.
Set the following properties:
- To use a proxy-based firewall, set FirewallType, FirewallServer, and FirewallPort.
- To tunnel the connection, set FirewallType to TUNNEL.
- To authenticate, specify FirewallUser and FirewallPassword.
- To authenticate to a SOCKS proxy, additionally set FirewallType to SOCKS5.
Troubleshooting the Connection
To show provider activity from query execution to network traffic, use Logfile and Verbosity. The examples of common connection errors below show how to use these properties to get more context. Contact the support team for help tracing the source of an error or circumventing a performance issue.
- Authentication errors: Typically, recording a Logfile at Verbosity 4 is necessary to get full details on an authentication error.
- Queries time out: A server that takes too long to respond will exceed the provider's client-side timeout. Often, setting the Timeout property to a higher value will avoid a connection error. Another option is to disable the timeout by setting the property to 0. Setting Verbosity to 2 will show where the time is being spent.
- The certificate presented by the server cannot be validated: This error indicates that the provider cannot validate the server's certificate through the chain of trust. If you are using a self-signed certificate, there is only one certificate in the chain.
To resolve this error, you must verify yourself that the certificate can be trusted and specify to the provider that you trust the certificate. One way you can specify that you trust a certificate is to add the certificate to the trusted system store; another is to set SSLServerCert.
Working with Epicor Data
Epicor REST Services
The Lyftron Provider for EpicorERP uses the Epicor REST Services to connect. This service is enabled by default in the Epicor ERP. We support both v1 and v2. If you would like to know more information about the Epicor REST Services, please consult the Epicor help.
The Epicor REST Services API has many services that may be connected to. Each service has its own unique collection of entities that may be worked with. Use the Services view to get a listing of all services from Epicor in order to get an idea of what all is available and what can be worked with.
Note that the service listing may include services that are not available to you depending on your account settings.
Business Activity Queries
Business Activity Queries or BAQs work similarly to other services. Simply set the Service to BaqSvc in order to work with them. However, unlike the other services, BAQs will be exposed as views instead of tables. Currently we do not support updating BAQs. This may change in the future depending on customer interest.