Lyftron Dotmailer Provider
The Lyftron API Profile for Dotmailer allows you to query data from Dotmailer. The Dotmailer profile is a single file (i.e. dotmailer.apip) which is meant to be used with the Lyftron API Driver. The profile contains the table definitions and other Dotmailer specific metadata that the Lyftron API Driver uses to connect to Dotmailer.
To use the Dotmailer Profile set the Profile property of Lyftron API Driver to the path of the Dotmailer profile, as well as the other connection properties specified in the documentation below. Once the Lyftron API Driver has been configured, you can issue SQL queries to access data from any of the Dotmailer Tables.
Connecting to Dotmailer
Dotmailer uses Basic Authentication. To get started, you will need to create an API user using these steps:
- Log in to Engagement Cloud
- Click the person-and-cog icon in the bottom left corner and select Access
- If necessary, clik the API users tab
- Click New user. The username (email address) is automatically generated for you and must not be edited.
- Enter a password and confirm it
- Select the Enabled checkbox is ticked
- Click Save.
To connect, set the User and Password connection properties to your API username and password. You also need to set RegionId in Other connection string property. This information can be found in the URL to your account.